What’s the difference between venomous and poisonous? While many people think the words are interchangeable, they’re actually not. Both venom and poison are bad things to come into contact with, but how one goes about contacting them can be very different.
Venom is something that is injected into your body in order to feel its dangerous effects. Animals can carry their venom in many different places including:
Venom can do many negative things to your body including:
- Pain (ranging from mild to extreme)
- Heart Failure
Poison is something you would need to touch or eat to make your body sick. Many animal and plants are poisonous as a form of defense. These can include:
- The Smooth Sided Toad
- Poison Dart Frog
- Poison Oak
Much like venom, poison can range from mild to fatal, such as:
- Itchy rash
- Upset stomach
- Respiratory Failure (lungs stop working)
- Book A Guinea Pig Petting Zoo Party and Have The Trendiest Party of 2023!
- Some Cute Ways to Decorate Your Next Petting Zoo Party or Farm Birthday Party.
- Learn What The Zoo Keepers Do and Work With Animals in Our Zoo Keeper for a Day Classes!
- Bring the Fun and Excitement of Live Insects to Your Child's Next Party with Critter Squad's Insect Defender
- Bring the Magic of Live Insects to Your Child's Birthday Party with Critter Squad
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Animal of the Week