You may not have heard the word proboscis before, but you have probably seen a proboscis before. In fact the world largest mammal has a proboscis. Yup, that's right defenders! The animal we are talking about is the elephant and the proboscis is the the elephants nose! However, a proboscis is not just any ordinary nose. It is actually a long extended nose that is used for sucking, smelling and manipulating things. The animal kingdom contains only a few groups with species that rock a proboscis and that is the mammals, insects, and invertebrates, like worms, gastropods and mollusks. We have made a list below of animals with some impressive proboscis.
Examples of species with a proboscis:
- Indian Elephant
- Asian Elephant
- Asian Tiger Mosquito
- All Butterflies and Moths
- Proboscis Monkey
- Kellet's Whelks
We are going to continue building our list of animals with a proboscis. Meanwhile we have created plenty for you to do in the kids zone, including learning about all wildlife in our Animal Kingdom Center and plants in our Botany Center. Be sure to check out all the fun!
- Book A Guinea Pig Petting Zoo Party and Have The Trendiest Party of 2023!
- Some Cute Ways to Decorate Your Next Petting Zoo Party or Farm Birthday Party.
- Learn What The Zoo Keepers Do and Work With Animals in Our Zoo Keeper for a Day Classes!
- Bring the Fun and Excitement of Live Insects to Your Child's Next Party with Critter Squad's Insect Defender
- Bring the Magic of Live Insects to Your Child's Birthday Party with Critter Squad