Reptiles are a group of animals that include four different groups or classes:
- Turtles and Tortoises
- Crocodiles and Alligators
- Snakes, and Lizards
- Tuatara (which look like lizards, but are not directly related to them!)
Reptiles are known for the following traits:
- Laying eggs (though some reptiles can give birth to their babies alive like mammals!)
- Being ectothermic (or “cold blooded” meaning they need to use outside sources to keep their bodies warm or cool)
- Having scales
While some reptiles are great swimmers and can hold their breath for over an hour, all reptiles need to breathe air. Reptiles are also vertebrates which mean that they have a spinal column.
Reptiles can be found all over the world and can range from very large (like the saltwater crocodile and komodo dragon) to very small (like many chameleons and geckos).
- Book A Guinea Pig Petting Zoo Party and Have The Trendiest Party of 2023!
- Some Cute Ways to Decorate Your Next Petting Zoo Party or Farm Birthday Party.
- Learn What The Zoo Keepers Do and Work With Animals in Our Zoo Keeper for a Day Classes!
- Bring the Fun and Excitement of Live Insects to Your Child's Next Party with Critter Squad's Insect Defender
- Bring the Magic of Live Insects to Your Child's Birthday Party with Critter Squad
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Animal of the Week