There are many cool groups of animals that we can talk about and this group is literally a GROUP of animals. The Siphonophores are in the coral family and they are an intermingled group of tiny organisms that work together like a more complex organism. These Siphonophores are made up of dozens and sometimes hundreds of smaller Siphonophores, called Zooids, and these little Zooids can only survive with the rest of the Zooids in the colonies. All of the Zooids work together. Unknown to many people the Siphonophore is one of the longest living organisms on the planet.
One of the most popular Siphonophore is the blue Portuguese Man o’ War, which you can learn about in the Jelly Pretender tile of the kids’ zone. Most members of the group Siphonophore tend to resemble jellyfish, but some can take on very abstract features. Just like the other Cnidarians, they use nematocytes for catching their prey. These guys are fantastic!
Don’t forget there is a lot more to do in the Kids’ Zone, and don’t forget to stop by the Games & Activities Center to see all the amazing tiles! Bye Defenders!
- Book A Guinea Pig Petting Zoo Party and Have The Trendiest Party of 2023!
- Some Cute Ways to Decorate Your Next Petting Zoo Party or Farm Birthday Party.
- Learn What The Zoo Keepers Do and Work With Animals in Our Zoo Keeper for a Day Classes!
- Bring the Fun and Excitement of Live Insects to Your Child's Next Party with Critter Squad's Insect Defender
- Bring the Magic of Live Insects to Your Child's Birthday Party with Critter Squad