I bet you didn't realize you already know about Scyphozoa! They are the true jellyfish! When we are at the aquarium or looking from afar, jellyfish are beautiful and elegant swimmers that look very peaceful as they pump around the water. We recognize them by their dome shaped medusae, and the tentacles that hang behind their bodies when they swim. Scyphozoa are pelagic free floaters or free swimming organisms that are easily caught in the current.
The Scyphozoa tends to eat fish and other animals like shrimps since they are carnivorous. To make the even more weird they have no digestive tracks! How does that work? You can find out more about the how animal bodies work in the Anatomy Center!
- Book A Guinea Pig Petting Zoo Party and Have The Trendiest Party of 2023!
- Some Cute Ways to Decorate Your Next Petting Zoo Party or Farm Birthday Party.
- Learn What The Zoo Keepers Do and Work With Animals in Our Zoo Keeper for a Day Classes!
- Bring the Fun and Excitement of Live Insects to Your Child's Next Party with Critter Squad's Insect Defender
- Bring the Magic of Live Insects to Your Child's Birthday Party with Critter Squad
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Animal of the Week